Sunday, June 8, 2008

Un-Lazy Sunday

Here's the recipe:

1) Sleep in a little - like 8.
2) Do Laundry
3) Go to Starbucks, where they put an extra shot in your drink. Discover this by uncontrollable shaking during #5
4) Go to Target to look for a Wii. Fail.
5) Grocery Shop
6) Clean out fridge
7) Start cooking roast
8) Put rest of groceries in newly clean fridge
9) Wash car
10) Pull Weeds
11) Get clean
12) Eat roast for early dinner - WOW. Pork roast, green beans (the skinny ones) yeast rolls with honey. mmmm.
13) Get sleepy
14) Stamp a card or two
15) Now I'm off for editing and voiceover
But some things to show you. A GORGEOUS card I received from Vicki - she's been such an inspiration for advanced Zindorf techniques - I'm sure you can see why!!! Everything she does is amazing and I'm lucky enough to be on her distribution list. This is being proudly displayed in my studio as I type.
Next, my old boss' birthday is coming up. He is a great man with an eye for really pretty things. His gifts are always extremely beautiful and unusual items, chosen thoughtfully and among my most cherished possessions.
Obviously I couldn't do a yelly monster! :) So I chose one of my fave Zindorf cards ever for inspiration. She amazes me. I didn't have a cute little bird like hers, so I used the swallow from Carte Postale. I stamped him in Versamark and embossed him with some ancient red EP I had forgotten I had! I used my post it note "moon" as a mask and brayered soft sky all over. Then I sponged Not Quite Navy in the sky and bottom right, and Ballet Blue for the water. The "weeds" are stamped in Adirondack Black (they are from Embrace Life) and colored in with a Not Quite Navy Marker, then accented with a white gel pen. I mounted it with Soft Sky and Not Quite Navy. I really like it, and I think it's manly enough without actually featuring a shovel or boots!! Actually I think it would make a very lovely 4th of July card!
Next, my darling sister in law Jessica just got a GIGANTIC promotion!! I'm so proud of her. She is going to be the director at the childcare center she works for. She's such a creative and kind girl and this promotion is well deserved!
So I made her a yelly monster card!! The inside looks funny because I deleted what I wrote, but the monster is so cute - I never get tired of him. He's my favorite Starving Artistamps Doodle Factory creature. The designer paper is Basic Grey, with Stampin Up textured Pumpkin Pie cardstock as the base. The ribbon is SU celery grosgrain. He's colored with copics and his teeth, eyes and bellybutton :) are accented with a glitter pen. I used the cuttlebugged leftover in Bashful Blue from my last card. Enjoy - I'm off to my second job! :)
PS - guess what I found on on Martha today? ALL OF THE "MANILA" FOLDERS THEY USE AT HER COMPANY ARE SHADES OF BLUE!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a busy Sunday.

    I love all the cards you made. The card for your boss will be appreciated. You are fortunate to work for a kind person.

    Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. girl, all these cards are jaw droppers! i think you did an excellent job using zindorf's techniques. i've seen the red bird one on her site, and yours is just as marvelous! the first one is in my favorite colors--earth elements!

    that last card is just fun, and it makes me smile! i'm sure it did the recipient as well...

    enjoy your local fame. are you not showing your face so you can still walk around anonymously? :-)

    i think a b&w episode featuring b&w cards would be cute for part of it, but perhaps not for all of it.

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...